We’ve had numerous questions about how to enhance the web experience of Twitter. Little gold nuggets such as Greasemonkey scripts can sometimes go by largely unoticed. However, if you’re a Firefox user Greasemonkey scripts are one of the best ways to enhance your experience.
So what are some of the awesomesauce scripts that we’re using?
- Twitter User Classify Script – Ranks Twitter users from Twittercaster to Twitter spammer
- Twitter Search Results in Google Script – Searches Twitter for keyword related Tweets and displays them on the Google search results page
- Twitter Enhancements: ReTweet This – Adds a “retweet” button to your Twitter homepage
- Twitter Display Popular Trends – Places Twitter Trends on your Twitter homepage
- Twitpic Thumbnailer – Displays an inline thumbnail of images for tweets containing Twitpic images
- Twitter Sidebar Replies – Shows replies to the Twitter profiles you visit in the Twitter homepage sidebar
- Twitter Show Followers - Places a small icon over the avatars of your Twitter followers
- Troy’s Twitter Script – Displays nested replies, custom search tabs, autocomplete of @ usernames, pagination, a ReTweet button, Media Embedding, URL expansion, and tons more!
Greasemonkey scripts are really easy to install and don’t require a restart of Firefox everytime you install one. You can turn them on or off with just one click. You can also find a lot more to play around with at Userscripts.org. Go ahead and give a few of them a try and let us know how well they work for you.
- What other ways are you enhancing your Twitter web experience?
- What Greasemonkey Scripts are you using?
- Did you choose any from our list? Which ones caught your attention?